Why Dr. Hoody endorses this recipe:
Cobb salad is one of my favorites. An ideal diet should contain a large amount of vegetables and also a good amount of healthy, natural protein. That’s Cobb salad!
Greens, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and lots of them, supply ample servings of vegetables for your daily needs. Then mix in your favorite proteins like feta cheese, avocado, chicken or turkey breast, and even a small amount of bacon to make it really tasty. And last, Garnish with your favorite spices and dress with olive oil, lemon and/ or vinegar.
This is a combination of vegetables, protein loaded with vitamins, minerals and in combination to support any person’s metabolism and health. This should be a regular – one, two or even three times per week. Make it your dinner, your way.
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
1⁄2 bunch watercress
1 bunch chicory lettuce
1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, skinned and seeded
1⁄2 lb smoked turkey breast
6 slices crisp bacon
1 avocado, sliced in half,seeded and peeled
3 hardboiled egg
2 tablespoons chives, chopped fine
1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced very fine
- Chop all the greens very,very fine (almost minced).
- Arrange in rows in a chilled salad bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, seed, and chop very fine.
- Fine dice the turkey, avocado, eggs and bacon.
- Arrange all the ingredients, including the blue cheese, in rows across the lettuces.
- Sprinkle with the chives.
- Present at the table in this fashion, then toss with the dressing at the very last minute and serve in chilled salad bowls.
- Serve with fresh french bread.
- FOR THE DRESSING: Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blend.
- Slowly, with the machine running, add the oil and blend well.
- Keep refrigerated.
- *NOTE:This dish should be kept chilled, and served as chilled as possible.
Check out some of our other healthy recipes at https://healthier2gether.com/category/recipes/