Why Dr. Hoody Endorses this recipe:
Bananas are high in fiber, naturally high in potassium and B6 and vitamin C. In this recipe, as only a small piece of banana is used, is also low in calories. The combination of the dark chocolate and the salt and with the whole package chilled, it is so enticing to the taste buds. That also makes it more digestible.
And remember, dark chocolate can help with brain function, improve the elasticity of your blood vessels, and allow you to elevate your mood. I cannot wait to try these again!
- 2 bananas sliced
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or baking pieces
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler until smooth and creamy; remove from heat.
- Using a spoon, carefully dip each banana slice in the chocolate and rotate until evenly coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat with all banana slices.
- Freeze until firm, a minimum of two hours. Serve chilled or store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to one month.
Serving: 5piecesCalories: 193 kcal
Saturated Fat: 5g
Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
Before popping them in the freezer, I like to sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt. The saltiness balances perfectly with the sweet bananas and creamy dark chocolate.
The best part? Five pieces have less than 200 calories! The perfect healthy dessert that kids of all ages can enjoy.
No fork required.
Courtesy of https://thelemonbowl.com/