Why Dr. Hoody Endorses this recipe:
This high protein powerhouse blueberry kale smoothie (from www.thelemonbowl.com) is full of antioxidants and plenty of high-quality fruits and vegetables along with high protein and healthy fats. That’s a magic combination to keep your metabolism nourished and flowing so you keep the weight off. Ground kale is one of our best sources to absorb high amounts of vitamin A. Vitamin A helps to regenerate any cells that line surfaces, like skin as well as the inner surfaces of our digestive tract.
Blueberries have a high antioxidant content which gets rid of toxins and flaxseed is an excellent source omega-3 fat. Omega 3 means 3 for 3:
- brain regeneration,
- nerve cell regeneration, and
- healthy cell walls.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Calories: 240 kcal
- ½ banana
- ½ cup chopped kale
- ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 scoop protein powder½ c water optional
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- two handfuls ice or more to taste
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until smooth.